Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple Branded printer engines

From: shannon johnson (leosgson_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 21:16:51 PST

Hello Martin.

Thanks for the heads up on that shocking problem. I'm safe, my serial number
is in XX744XXX... range.

Though, I wouldn't mind finding a source for 'cheap' accessories: face-up
output tray, envelope tray and duplexer assembly. A good top lid would be
nice too. I have the 500 sheet cassette, got it new in the box on eBay for
cheap a year or so ago. I don't need them, but I think it would be neat to
trick out this one-time-expensive printer on the cheap. It's still a work
horse and I'ld like to keep using it for a long time before I put it out to
pasture. And it works with my eMate, though how do I send stuff to the other
cassettes. Right now it only takes paper from the default 250 page cassette.

Excelsior!
Shannon

--------------Martin wrote-------------------
...[snip]...
This may cause users to come into contact with low-level electrical
voltage
or be exposed to rotating parts. Because only a small percentage of
LaserWriter 12/640 printers fail to disable the power when the top
cover is
open, a relatively small number of users are at risk of low-level
electrical
shock.
Modified printers have:

     * Serial numbers greater than xx710xxxxxx
     * A blue dot on the UPC label of the printer box
     * A small (2 to 10mm diameter) white dot on the left side vertical
       surface at the entrance of the paper tray.

These units are covered under the Apple REA program until May 2004.

http://wine.msn.com/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html