Re: [NTLK] Trouble installing NCU 1.0

From: Sylvain Bouju (sylvain.bouju_at_free.fr)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 02:09:36 PDT

Karl Miller a écrit le 4/07/04 7:37:

> Any guidance would be fabulous.

How many RAM have you in the 6300? 32 Mo seems a minimum
for installing Mac OS 9.1. For me, 9.1 is OK with 40 Mo
in a PowerBook 5300c, very similar with your 6300.

Quite normal if the 6220 software don't work in a 6300,
which is a later model. May be an enabler would be fine.

For installing a 9.1 on an old Mac, I often use a trick:
I apply the Apple 9.1 update on the target volume, which
can be quite completly empty, except a false System file
with only a "vers" resource ID=1 in which you edit the
"Version number" to 9.0, for example.

--
Sylvain Bouju
sylvain_at_bouju.net