Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 20:32:01 PDT

Generally buying a "2000 upgrade" or 2100 (which are the same, the 2000
model had less RAM but was able to be upgraded to the same specs as a
2100) from J&K Sales gets a good review. i.e. what you get is "as
advertised." I am personally not a fan of GEM Enterprises but they also
sell Newtons.

Buying on this list would be what I recommend. I have been on a lot of
e-mail lists and normally say your millage may very but here its a
pretty fair bet you are safe and will get what you are looking for.

Prices vary a LOT depending on accessories ... a 2000U or 2100 may go
for as little as $50-75 pretty well stripped out but really to make one
go you have to spend at least $100-125 in my experience. With a memory
card, maybe a carrying case, modem and/or ethernet card, more in the
range of $150-250 pending on just what is included, size of RAM cards,
etc ...

Hope that gives you a little direction.

David