[NTLK] CIO Asia Mentions Newton

From: RossO (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 17:03:11 PDT

From:
http://cio-asia.com/pcio.nsf/0/4DFCC79A82E4A43E48256ECA003426B5?
OpenDocument

---------

Modular PCs
Apple Computer's Newton made the idea of a handheld computer seem
plausible—technologically succeeding Palm and Pocket PC devices.
However, Newton capabilities remain considerably less than a fully
enabled PC despite its improved processing power. But designers haven't
given up. Several firms are proposing the so-called modular PC, a
handheld device that runs standard Windows XP and other conventional PC
applications. The goal is to give mobile users the full PC experience
on the go—without the inconvenience of a notebook's weight or size.
Need a standard monitor, mouse, keyboard or extra storage? No problem,
just attach them via a docking station.

...Ross...

--
Newton Owner since 1999: MP2000, Wi-Fi, OS X syncing, Avi's Backdrop,
MMC/SD-based storage via ATAdapter, occasional Web server.