[NTLK] global village

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 23:55:54 PDT

>Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:14:45 -0400
>From: Vincent Juliano <jln646v_at_optonline.net>
>Subject: [NTLK] global village
>
>HI i have a newon 2100 which i want to network using a global village
>platinum modem pc card. I want to know if there is a way to get the
>newton to use it with just the built in settings,

Vincent, what sources have you checked (FAQ, manual, Wiki...)?

>I dont have vthe newton internet enabler ehter.

I'm afraid w/o NIE the whole networking/internet thing won't take you very
far. Check out the Card Lending Program that has been recently mentioned to
you, search NTLK and the Wiki for "bootstrap problem".

> I don't have a serial dongel yet to transfer the driver.

Once you have a network/Bluetooth/whatever card, you won't need that, but
it's still good to have as a backup. Or - vastly better - install a SER 001
board by Mr PCBMan, then you can even attach the original Newton keyboard
w/o a hustle.

DJV.