[NTLK] Long time lurker thinking of selling newt needs advice.

From: PK (paulk_at_psu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 06:17:42 PDT

Hello,

I've been a lurker on NTLK for a few years now. Wow, what a chatty
group! NTLK is by far my largest mailbox (64233 emails). All that for a
years out of production machine. I too am still amazed at how easily the
newt matches or beats the latest PDAs in functionality and elegance.
Anyway, I've been thinking of selling my newt and in the interest of
setting a reasonable price, I was wondering what you all think it would
be worth? I know, that's a subjective question but I think you all have
a better feel for its value than I do. I could also put up some pics of
it if it helps you evaluate its worth.

I am the second owner and bought it from a co-worker who bought it new.
It is a factory upgraded 2000 with the keyboard, the nylon case, the
original box and all the original software and documentation. I did buy
some packages some of which I'm sure are transferrable. It has two very
small dings on the case corner from when I was using for work. There are
no scratches on the screen and the rubberized case coating is in good
shape. The rechargeable battery pack takes a charge but I don't know how
long it lasts. I used the machine regularly for the first year of
ownership (98 or 99 I think)and then it was put away for years when the
job forced us to use PalmPilots. It's an awesome little machine but I
never have time to play with it anymore.

I've been thinking of sellling it for a couple years now but never get
around to doing the research. I guess this is the beginning of that.
I was thinking of selling it on ebay but I've never sold anything
there, I've only made a few purchases .If I go the ebay route, I want to
be able to set a reasonable reserve. BTW - If any of you are near the
State College, PA area, I'd be open to selling it locally.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have to offer.
--Paul