Re: [NTLK] wirless connectivity

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 12:52:46 PDT

OK THAT was the answer i needed. i didnt know what info i needed to make sure it was compatible. thanx for the info.

LAG

Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
L A GREEN
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:48:37 -0700 (PDT)

>QUICK QUESTION. i have a dwl 650- card for my newton which i am told works
>with my newton. i was about to buy a wireless router and i wanted to
>verify that wireless cards will work with any wireless router correct?
>basically will my dlink card work with a linksys, netgear, smc wireless
>router?

I've got the same card and as long as your router is 802.11b compatible it
should work.
I've got a Linksys WGR614 and it picks it up well. Some routers are 802.11a
only (if you're buying an older router) some are combo a/b/g or b/g those
shoudl work... (no guarantee - sometimes they can be finicky!