[NTLK] emate, IR and a handspring treo

From: Adam Short (ajs_at_orinoco.homelinux.org)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 15:48:43 PDT

This morning a very nice man delivered a Handspring Treo 600 to my door.
I have fallen in love with it already. Its only drawback as an all-round
device is the fact that, while the keyboard is a full qwerty keyboard,
it's teeny and not something you'd want to write on for any length of
time. It does, however, have an IR port. I wondered if I could possibly
use my emate to compose longer documents (I write short stories, poems
and the like) and send them via IR to the Treo and thence out into the
'net via GPRS. Anyone know for sure, or at least have an idea of if it
can be done?