Re: [NTLK] Tablet Software?

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 07:55:30 PDT

Thanks Woody, I didn't explore that far apparently!

On further inspection of the documentation though, it doesn't look like
it meets our needs (we need more of an ability to use the Newton as a
graphics tablet, such as in Photoshop or other paint programs).
WriteHere looks like it can send keypresses and recognize text only,
not translate the position of Newton pen into moving the mouse cursor.
Doh!

The only other app I could think of was NewtVNC, and I don't think that
would work either - likely it is too slow in the refresh to do what we
need, and that's if it even allows direct manipulation of objects on
the desktop via the Newt (I've only explored VNC a little and have not
gotten to the stage of actually doing anything on the desktop machine
with it, so I don't know if this is a capability - then again, I have
managed to get at least as far as displaying my MacOS X desktop on my
newt in glorious greyscale, and that alone was breathtaking).

-Dan