Re: [NTLK] Flying With Newton

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 13:26:40 PDT

LUCKILY i use a pen with a stylus tip for my newton. so if i were to be asked to show my newt in use i wouldnt even pull out the stylus. its not as if they know the stylus is even in the newton. i guess i have been lucky when traveling and havent been asked what it is. and my newton is always part of my carry on luggage either in my bag or on my hip.

HTH,

LAG

Ted Ramsden <tramsden_at_shaw.ca> wrote:
2 weeks ago, flying out of Vancouver BC Canada, While passing thru the
Security Screening area, I was informed that due to the fact that the
Stylus was made of metal, that it would pose as a possible weapon and was
told to leave the stylus behind or be refused boarding. I was lucky enough
to have been dropped of by one of my Junior Lt. who was still waiting so
make sure that I got onto the plane safley and was able to leave the entire
newton with him. The ironic part of the whole process was that the elderly
woman I sat next to on the flight had the biggest set of knitting needles I
had ever seen in my Life.
Go figure !