[NTLK] [OT] OS X ".zip" archives

From: Jesse Garnier (radiofreenewton_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 12:32:45 PDT

Thanks, Peter, I apologize for my shorthand.

I suspect, though, that Apple is using some shorthand of its own. First
of all, the "archives" it creates carry the .zip extension, and purport
to use the gzip standard. But I though gzip could only compress, and not
archive, so is there a hidden .tar (or other) layer to archive the files
compressed by gzip?

I haven't explored this very much but am curious.

--
Jesse Garnier
:: radiofreenewton.com ::