Re: [NTLK] Newton serial interface: RS-232 or RS-422?

From: Charles Broderick (chabro_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 18:34:19 PDT

> Some other questions:
> * Has anyone managed to get a computer running Mac OS 10.3.X to
>connect to a Newton OS 2.1 device using the serial port? If so, what
>was your set-up? What hardware/software did you use?

Hi,

I get the list in digest now, so I am not sure if your questions have been
answered...

I have gotten my eMac running 10.3.3 to connect to my Newton 2100 using the
serial port via an adaptor with both NewTen and NCU in classic. I have had
to use a Keyspan adaptor for both; the OS X drivers work for NewTen and the
OS 9 drivers work for Classic. Is this the adaptor you have been using? You
haven't mentioned the brand...

HTH,
Charles