Re: [NTLK] Off topic but....

From: Jesse Garnier (radiofreenewton_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 00:23:13 PDT

Cool! The Duo is one of the all-time coolest laptops. Had a 230 and
280c. Ran my college paper Web site from the 230 with a dock!

Which Duo and which dock? The "Duo Dock II" had an Ethernet port, but
you need an AAUI-RJ45 adapter (cheap, eBay ≈ $10) to make it useful.

If you have a "crossover" Ethernet cable, just hook the two together and
you're in business. If you don't, I'd suggest picking up in a cheap
4-port hub and two standard cables, and connecting them that way. Again,
shouldn't be much more than $10 total from eBay.

Armed with these weapons, your Duo and iMac should be able to connect
and transfer files using AppleTalk.

If you need any more assistance, or need a cheap hub, contact me off-list.

Regards--

--
Jesse Garnier
:: radiofreenewton.com ::