Re: [NTLK] NewTen and iMac?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 02:33:04 PDT

On Jul 28, 2004, at 11:29 PM, Tracy Haynes wrote:

> Point taken.
> I must also point out, that when i try to download the ethernet
> driver in
> .PKG from from Unna, I wind up with a file I can't do anything with.
> Same
> with the printer driver and modem driver ( 3com Megahertz) Does anyone
> understand why this is? Is there a cure?

Actually you probably got the files fine, it's just that OSX wants to
treat them as OSX packages rather then Newton ones?

You should be able to install these from you package installer (escale
in my case).

Sometimes if you are using NCU from classic, it needs the type and
creator codes to be properly set so a utility like Packtype can help.

Hope this helps.
Marty