Re: [NTLK] [OT] Spam volume (was AW: new virus delivery)

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 07:41:33 PDT

OUCH! That is baaaaaaad. I get between 120 to 300 each day but wow you
probably beat everyone on the list with that ammount. I wonder why you get
so much. Do you post with your email address in full view on the newsgroups
or on other sites that may take that address and sell it to spamers (some
will do that).

As for loosing "real" messages. Most people won't send another email if
they don't get any response. Unless they know you or know your email is
good for sure and even still they may just assume you are ignoring them. It
is one of the reasons that many business are switching from email to a
private posting system for customer support on the internet. No spam to
deal with and you don't have to worry about "real" messages from customers
falling through the cracks.

So in short, if you are loosing "real" messages there is a good chance that
you won't even know about it.

-Dan