[NTLK] AW: apple talk

From: Isaac (Newton_at_spymac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 17:21:26 PDT

> Hi i am just wondering if there is a way to get my newton 2100 to
> connect to an apple talk server.
The nice thing is that the Newton can use the old style LocalTalk protocol
or AppleTalk via Ethernet. That is the reason why I keep at home a Macintosh
Server machine alive which drives an Apple LaserWriter and a HP DeskJet all
on LT (via Ethernet to LT adapter from Farallon). The Server gives Printer
access to the Windowze boxes and the Printers and the server are
transparantly accessible via Network, either Ethernet or LT too. Old
technology - still perfectly working and completely sufficient.

Marco