[NTLK] X-Rays and Newts

From: Matthew Middlebrooke (machead_at_harvestministries.net)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 00:56:50 PDT

Hi All-
this summer I will be taking off to college with my little green friend.
Due to where I live(Guam) I will be flying all the way. I'm worried
about taking my newton with me on the flight, because of the x ray
machines it has to through. I've read the horror stories on the archive,
and I don't want to be a statistic.
Is there anything that I can do to minimize the effects of the x ray
machine? what I've learned through the stories is that the magnetic
field generated by the motors can damage the newt, but what about x rays?
I'm stuck between risking that demise of my machine or sending it via USPS.
Any tips, suggestions, warnings, y'know whatever is greatly appreciated,

Matt
MP2100
Guam USA