[NTLK] GPS and maps on the Newton?

From: George Bingham (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 09:08:33 PDT

Hi all,

     I know that it's possible to use a few different brands of CF GPS
cards in the Newton (a pretec and a haicom, possibly others), but what
I'm not sure of is the software and maps that one would use with the
GPS cards.

     Is there special GPS software for the Newton? Is it up to date?
(I wouldn't think it was). Can you use your own maps with it? If so,
how do you calibrate or whatever the area that the map covers so that
a gps point can be rendered on the map with accuracy?

     Can maps via the Mapper program (I think it's a standalone
product) be used?

     Sorry if this has been covered before, looked, but only found
references to the above mentioned gps cards.

Thanks,

George