Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple purchasing large capacity mini hard drives from Toshiba

From: ccsccs7 (ccsccs7_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 20:07:33 PDT

I was just thinking about that. Just for speculation's sake, I'm
thinking about how things were handled under the classic Mac OS. If you
took out a disk while it was being used, you'd be asked to reinsert it.
Now, if you were actually writing data to a disk, and such a thing
happened, what kind of safeguards would need to be in place to prevent
data corruption? Can you pick up where you left off? Can you just
re-enact the last transaction (if it's been cached locally)? How do hard
drives react when they are suddenly disconnected from their host?

Cedric