Re: [NTLK] GPS and maps on the Newton?

From: George Bingham (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 22:05:48 PDT

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 22:16:49 -0400, Ryan Rotter <rrotter_at_emich.edu> wrote:

> Crud, my GPS just arrived and I went to download this only to find that
> the site is down. Does any body else have it? (It is not on UNNA)

Hi Ryan,

    I went to that site when you sent the info and looked around.
Unfortunately, all I downloaded was the zip file containing the
application (for windows) that you can use to create your own maps. My
thought was that I'd give it a shot at some local up-to-date maps and
see how things look before deciding on spending the $ on a GPS
receiver. I'd be happy to send this to you, it's one zip file that's
~774 Kb. I haven't had time to try it yet so don't know if it works
with Win2K or whatnot.

    Let me know (off list) if that'll help you...

    What GPS did you get? Without software, can you tell whether it'll
work with your Newt or not?

George