Re: [NTLK] Repair clinic in Paris

From: Nicolas Zinovieff (krugazor_at_free.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 06:07:31 PDT

On Monday 07 June 2004 14:53, Grant Symon wrote:
> I have a 2100, which I used to *love* until about a year and a half
> ago, when it stopped accepting charge ... and then finally ran out of
> battery. And then I tried a different power adapter, at the same
> voltage setting, but no luck. It will no longer start up. :( I don't
> know whether or not the different adapter caused a terminal problem, or
> if there is some other problem.

I had a somewhat similar problem, it all smoothed out after a while without
any powersource and then with Newton hardware.

> Is there any chance that there will be some sort of Newton clinic at
> the Paris show? I live near Paris and intend to go, even though my old
> Newt is no more. Alternatively, is there anyone providing a repair
> service in Europe?

Yes indeed, it's already scheduled.
Frank Gruendel will be coming aaaaaaaall the way from Germany to set up a
workshop and a few repairs on the spot.
If you really can't wait, you can probably send the Newt somewhere...

--
Nicolas Zinovieff
Custom Developments