Re: [NTLK] Repair clinic in Paris

From: Grant Symon (Grant_at_GrantSymon.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 06:54:18 PDT

On 7 Jun 2004, at 15:28, Johannes Wolf wrote:

> There is Frank Gruendel in DE.
> He did already good repair jobs for other list members.
> I do not want to get in competition with him and probably I cannot do
> as
> much as he does,
> but I could perform some basic checks for you:
> - check your power adaptor
> - check the Newt with fresh batteries
> - check the Newt internal fuse
> - check Newt internal power connections

Hi Johannes,

thanks for the reply.

Well it's encouraging that there are at least two of you here in
Europe, doing repairs. *:) To be honest I'd given up on it ...
especially as the cost of FedEx 2-way is probably as much as the cost
of a working model on eBay. However, I'd love to get it back working
again and if it can be done, or at least diagnosed in Paris, then so
much the better. I've done without it now for a year and a half, so I
can live without it till September. :) Hey ... Maybe jobs will launch
the Newton 3000 in Paris. <grin>

Grant