Re: [NTLK] Repair clinic in Paris

From: Grant Symon (Grant_at_GrantSymon.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 13:57:27 PDT

On 7 Jun 2004, at 21:49, Frank Gruendel wrote:

>> And then I tried a different power adapter, at the same
>> voltage setting, but no luck.
>
> Argh...
>
> I hope "different power adapter" does not mean "cheap unregulated power
> adapter whose switch I set to 7.5 Volt"...
> In that case your Newton's mainboard is likely to be toast.

Ehh ... it didn't seem like such a bad idea at the time. : / ...
yup,it was a 'variable' power adapter.

>> Is there any chance that there will be some sort of Newton clinic
>> at the Paris show?
>
> Not sure if I'd pass as a clinic, but I will most likely be there. So
> will
> others who could do this.
>
>> Alternatively, is there anyone providing a repair
>> service in Europe?
>
> I am, if you can't wait. But you could also take Johannes up on his
> offer and send the Newton his way. The cost for sending it on to
> me is negligible if he can't fix it.

Hmmm, would this be something that could be fixed at the show? Sounds
a bit too serious for that. I shall have another look at it in a couple
of days time ... I'm not where it is right now. BTW, is there a venue
for the show?

Grant