Re: [NTLK] Leaving the List

From: Kevin LaCombe (the_droner_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 12:04:29 PDT

>> Though I'm new here it too eludes me.
>> Tried to go back a few posts but it still doesn't
make sense.

>At first I thought it was some kind of troll-bot
>(never heard of those, but I
>figure they must exist). But it invoked the list-dad
>by name, so that would be
>a pretty smart bot.

>BTW, where or what is "CEN-KIT-CO"?

>Michael

I know Joe and I think his point was that there was a
very specific question raised concerning current
"movement" towards handling SSL and HTTPS.

The quick answer given was NO, NO, MAYBE and "You
should try searching the archive when you have
questions like these."

That was a great post in that it counts toward the
monthly totals but the next answer

---clip---
 "Hi Tom.

    I've been looking at a program that will
"translate" SSL into something
the newton can understand.
    It's called Delegate
http://www.delegate.org/delegate/ and the SSL
plug-in SSLway http://www.delegate.org/delegate/ssl/ .

    There are a lot of configuration examples in those
pages, and the
mailing list is very useful too:
nntp://www.delegate.org/mail-lists.delegate-en

  It involves setting up a proxy, but it looks very
easy to do. I got a
proxy working in windows XP in a few minutes, knowing
nothing about these
things.

    Let us know if you can make somethin useful with
it."

---clip---

was a bit more helpful while still counting towards
the monthly total. :)

The point is, read the question carefully and if you
can understand what was asked and you have a helpful
answer, post away. Based on the second answer, the
first one was obvioulsy far from correct.

On a serious note, Joe has a very high stress job and
I know his younger child has had an extended illness
and they still haven't quite diagnosed what the
problem is so please give him some grace on this. I'm
sure Joe will be back in time.

p.s. CEN-KIT-CO is Central Kitsap County. I guess
that makes me SO-KIT-CO NUG President. Somewhere on
the list is the NO-KIT-CO NUG President also.