[NTLK] Abandonware to newtonware?

From: nelson (bnelson6_at_valuelinx.net)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 07:36:19 PDT

 Have been (slowly) learning newton programing. Just had an odd thought
last night on the drive home from work. Being a Mac user i have several
old macs around (just cant seem to part with them, insert a groan from
the wife here, lol) anyway i use a lot of abandonware for the old se out
in the garage. Now getting to my question. One the thought hit me that
an se only maxes out at 4 megs ram at 8 mhz , and it has some pretty
cool programs most of which have to be very smal in nature due to no
hard drive. (i do have a 40 meg drive plugged in to mine)
So how hard if possable would it be to convert some of this abandonware
over to newton?
Would need to get permission from the copywright holder of the old
program on some i know. But at least in thery would this be possable?
(summery: Basicly take old abandonware and port to newtonware.)

Any thoughts?

Bryan