Re: [NTLK] Leaving the List

From: edmund_at_www.helmug.gr
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 19:27:43 PDT

I think I am quite qualified to say my opinion as a fresh newbie...

During my first questions in list (ok, ok i was posting more than 5 a day
i think..)
I got quite a few "it is in the faq" answers.

As i do consider myself technicallly educated..I had already read the FAQ,
(although not the Wiki!).
I am not the type that asks before he searches (most of the times at least).

I am an active member of a mac tech support forum and i know the boredom
of having to answer the same thing again and again. But sometimes....even
if it is in the faq...the user cannot find it..Thata because (and this is
especially true for NEwton platform) he has learned to think different.
(E.g. if a newbie asks in a mac forum he is usually a former windows user).

Also as Grant pointed out correctly, it is NOT always in the FAQ. For
example...if some of you read a line about "how do i connect..." you think
(and i think) that it has to be in the FAQ. Well not always!.

Just a newton newbie's thoughts.I point the above words just as general
directions in further imporving (i have to think of them too, as i ll
become slowly the one that gives the answers..)

 By the way...the help i had from you guys was enormous. And i became a
kind of fanatic actually. I also converted 5 more people into
newtonitis...(in one month!).
And now the article...hehehehe...

I AM IN LOVE (with my newt...)
oh here it comes again..