Re: [NTLK] Something more irritating than off-topic posts...

From: Simon Stapleton (simon_at_tufty.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 01:42:27 PDT

On 10 Jun 2004, at 09:42, MKow wrote:
> Another example: I recently sent an MP 2100 motherboard to a guy in
> France,
> so he could fix his broken Newton. I haven't heard so much as a peep
> from him;
> not even an acknowledgment that he received the e-mail I sent the day
> of
> shipment. So much for professional courtesy.

Damn.

a) That guy was me, but...
b) I replied the moment the mail arrived; it's obviously not got
through. My ISP seems a little glitchy at the moment. It absolutely
won't let me mail to AOL, and about 50% of the mails I send disappear
into the aether. If it will let me connect at all, that is. Mostly
it's "mail server too busy". I blame Windows, myself
c) The motherboard arrived this morning, and is working fine. Matt is
a wonderful man, and rewards will most certainly be coming his way.
d) If anyone's interested in a fried MP2000 mobo for parts or whatever,
they can have it for free. I'd prefer to post to Europe, but hey.
First to contact me gets it.
e) Wooden stylii are on hold until I manage to get a new motor for my
lathe
f) Otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree with Matt. Although it seems that
the majority of listers are not passive - instead they are active and
helpful and - hell. I love this community.

Simon

--
PGP Key Id : 0x50D0698D