Re: [NTLK] emate battery question

From: matthew (matthew_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 05:51:03 PDT

Entity Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com) on astrodate 6/13/04 7:59 PM made the
following bold claim:

>Hi all,
>I was wondering if running a emate without a battery will damage it in any
>way? I assume no, but I thought I would ask here first as I have one pack
>that will need to be rebuilt and I won't be doing the job myself.

Dan,

No problems there, but try something before you send the battery away for
rebuilding. This has worked with 2 eMate battery packs thus far that were
reporting "errors" when first plugged in and registered *no* voltage...

1. Remove the pack from the eMate and from the hard plastic cover.
2. Drop is on the floor and bang it around generally for 5 minutes. It's
tough. It can take it.
3. Throw it in the freezer for about 45 minutes.
4. Put it back in the eMate. Let it heat back up to 15-20 degrees C.
5. Keep repeating above steps for up to 2 days or until the pack takes a
charge.

My packs all last about 550-600 minutes of use time now after doing this!

Good luck Dan,

-Matthew Reidsma