Re: [NTLK] [OT] Mac Question: PowerBook Duo 2300c HD?

From: matthew (matthew_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 20:11:00 PDT

Entity Jared Bland (jrbm689_at_mac.com) on astrodate 6/16/04 6:59 PM made
the following bold claim:

>I have a PowerBook Duo 2300c which has no HD. I was wondering what
>size (2.5"?) it takes.
>Would i be compatible with a PowerBook 1xx Series HD?

Hey Jared,

Your Duo 2300c uses a 2.5" IDE hard drive. The only 1xx series laptop
that it could get a drive transplant from is the 150, which has such a
teeny stock drive that it probably isn't worth it. All other 1xx series
laptops are SCSI.

You can nab an inexpensive 1-4 Gig drive off eBay or the swaplist, I'd
guess. For more info on your new friend, drop by low end mac and check
out the specs:

http://www.lowendmac.com/pb2/2300.shtml

Good luck!

Matthew Reidsma