Re: [NTLK] [OT] 'G4 color classic'

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 16:44:36 PDT

On 19 Jun 2004, at 00:30, Jim Witte wrote:

> I wonder if it would be possible to either stuff the guts of a G4
> into a classic case (and find a compatible small CRT), or do something
> like stuff the guts of the G4 into something a little smaller than an
> xServe, and sticking that on the bottom or back..

Why bother... my CC is upgraded to Mystic spec and getting a full blown
'040 and 128Mb RAM. It runs quickly, can handle internet/email/FTP as
well as communication with the OS X Macs (one way - they can see it,
but that's fine) and Newt, plus writing disk images for the IIgs until
it's on AppleTalk.

The main limitation is screen size. Either hack the hardware for 640 x
480, or accept the Apple approved 560 x 384 (512 x 384 normal - Apple
were /so/ going to do their own 575 in CC case model. You just set the
right Gestalt and it runs...).

Richard

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)