Re: [NTLK] Alternative means of backing up a store?

From: George Bingham (georgeb1962_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 12:20:51 PDT

> I understand the approach, but doesn't this rely on the original and
> recipient of the restore being the same size? I'm trying to migrate
> from my 16MB CF card to a 128MB CF card (or at least, a 124MB
> partition on that card, leaving a 4MB partition to be my internal
> store backup).

Hmmm.... it might... I don't really know. I do know that when I last
migrated info from my 32 Mb Linear card to my 128 Mb CF card, I did it
all manually over a few days. I.e. selecting all the notes and filing
them under the CF store, same with names, io box entries,
applications, etc. ... I am sure i didn't get everything moved, but
didn't know of any better way. And stuff I left behind was mostly
caches and stuff.

I know of no better way to migrate to a different kind of card or a
different card size. My advice would be to pick the largest card you
think you'll ever want, and only do the migrating once.

Later,

George