Re: [NTLK] VideoPhone Hack

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 04:59:01 PDT

On 19-jun-04, at 17:29, DJ Vollkasko wrote:
>> I know there is a package named 'videophonehack' (completely legal
>> to my knowledge,)
> What it do? What it for? Is it good?

Again from Planet Newton (including misspellings ;-) :
Newton as telephone for deaf people. We just have completed the
project, that was originally intended to help deaf poeple to
commucnicate with each other. It makes possible for them to use
telephone. All they need - Newton and modem - after connecting they get
a virtual piece of paper where they can write to each other. We have
also made a support for Infrared port on Newton. This makes possible to
exchange pictured information on-line via infrared. Well, this has a
lot of applications - You can secretly talk to Your partner sitting
right opposite to You during important meeting, during the same meeting
You can play X-0's and other funny games that You normally play on a
piece of paper. As usually, we've made DEMO version, which is included.
You can get updates at http://paragon.mda.de/prod05.htm#VPhone The
application was tested on MP2000 during COMDEX fall and turned to be
compatible with it. We've made some minor changes later on that
shouldn't affect achieved compatibility, so I'm almost certain to state
- it is MP2000 COMPATIBLE !

Robert Benschop