Re: [NTLK] Connecting to the Internet with a T610

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 03:21:36 PDT

Aux environs du 26/06/04 à 13:28 +0200, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
Connecting to the Internet with a T610", Grant Symon prit sa plus
belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>I ran through the setup with an SFR tech support person. They had me
>try both 3 and 4. I seem to remember 4 not working properly.

4 is a configuration I did create myself.
With vodafone live! firmware, you can't see the settings of the 3
first settings, hence I preferred to create one instead of trying
randomly.

>I have these 'optional' DNS servers for SFR :
>172.20.2.10
>194.6.128.4

Yes, I have those. Once again, I can connect with the Mac.

>Have you tried connecting via a terminal window? To see what is going
>on. Is there even a terminal option on the Newton?

There is a diagnose window for the script and everything seems ok.

I'll try to load a special version of Blunt or Nitro to figure out
what the actual exchange between the phone and the Newton is and
compare it to what the Mac says (with a special version of ppp).

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/