Re: [NTLK] Locked memory card - help!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 05:52:06 PST

on 01/03/04 08:07, Russ Bravo at russbravo_at_lineone.net wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've got a Centennial 16MB flash memory card which I have been using in my
> upgraded MP2000 (running NOS 2.1). Had become surplus to requirements so had
> decided to sell.
>
> Went to test with an MP130 running NOS 2.0, and it tells me the card is
> locked. Put it back in my MP2000 and it's unlocked. How do I 'unlock' the
> card for use on an MP130 - or is that not possible?

Most likely, this card is a 5V/5V so, while your 130 can read from the card,
it cannot write to it. Only to 12V/12V cards or 5V/12V cards (Read
Volts/Write Volts).

-Laurent.

Brooks's Law prov.: "Adding manpower to a late software project makes it
later" -- a result of the fact that the expected advantage from splitting
development work among N programmers is O(N) (that is, proportional to N),
but the complexity and communications cost associated with coordinating and
then merging their work is O(N^2) (that is, proportional to the square of
N). The quote is from Fred Brooks, a manager of IBM's OS/360 project and
author of "The Mythical Man-Month" (Addison-Wesley, 1975, ISBN
0-201-00650-2), an excellent early book on software engineering.