[NTLK] PC Card Video Adapter for Newton - Re: color lcd for mp2x00

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 06:40:27 PST

>From: magicpenguin_at_torpedobird.com
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] color lcd for mp2x00
>Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:32:42 -0500
>
>I forget off hand, but does the PCMCIA card (forget the name of that
>too!) do colour? I was pretty sure it was just greyscale, but if not,
>that would make putting a colour screen together much easier.

I remember having read "do full-colour presentations off your Newton" etc.,
so I'd assume you'd do colour slides on your desktop, transfer to Newton,
plug into a beamer and all is well.

Wasn't there also something about using a manual IR remote to switch slides
forwards/backwards?

I really wish I had that card plus the presentation package. That'd be so
cool. But I have never seen it offered for a price that I could afford, so
there... And it'd only be a display, I don't think the card and the drivers
support touch screens. Plus I faintly remember reading that the hardware
was somewhat sensitive to temperature or currents or something.

Anybody know more about this?

DJV.

P.S.: Also some companies once marketed Sound Cards for the PCMCIA slot
(e.g. Argosy) in the pre-multimedia neolithicum of notebooks. Has anybody
ever twiddled with these on a Newton?