Re: [NTLK] RTF with images in Newton Press

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 15:28:57 PST

>So when I tried to add one of the RTF files in Newton Press, the Mac OS
>(7.5.5, the one posted on UNNA) gave me a -11005 error. I looked this
>up, and it means "pictureDataErr - Invalid picture data" so I'm
guessing
>the Mac OS doesn't like something about the non-text parts of the file.
>
>The RTF file opens just fine in OpenOffice under Linux, but I don't
>think I have a program on my Basilisk-Mac that'll open RTF to test it
>there.

The RTF file opens just fine on a PC using Microsoft word, too. I can
open it with NewtonPress (PC version) just fine, but I do not see the
images, only the text. But I can select the images in the RTF, copy them
to the clipboard and paste them into Newton Press without a problem.

Hope it helps

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de