Re: [NTLK] This trick never works! Ethernet joys...

From: Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes (marcus.magalhaes_at_vlinfo.com.br)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 16:41:12 PST

Two things to check. Can't say if your card is supported, but
the following list is mandatory, even if you *know* that your card
works.

 1 - cable. Test it on a working computer and see if it's alright.
 2 - dhcp server. Use a fixed IP firt. Then, try DHCP, but check if
 it's properly configured.
 3 - finally, RTFM. I spent a lot of time wondering how to make my
 ethernet card work. The issue ended being me inserting the card WITH
 the attached cable into the pcmcia slot. The manual said to insert
 the cable *after* inserting the card on the computer. Funny, huh?