[NTLK] [ANN] nBlog 1.2.0 -- LiveJournal support seems to be working

From: Gavin McKenzie (ntlk_at_gavinmckenzie.fastmail.fm)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 17:08:33 PST

Folks,

I think I've got LiveJournal functionality at least breathing in nBlog.
There may be bugs in there, I've only done light testing so far.

I had to resort to a nasty hack to get around the username vs. userName
symbol issue I mentioned in a previous email. I'd still appreciate any
enlightenment from someone with more Newt development experience on that.

I had to fix the XML-RPC pkg because it doesn't really tokenize/parse the
XML and wasn't expecting to parse the short-form for empty elements (e.g.
<data/>) which LiveJournal seems to give back in some of its XML-RPC

I set myself up with a free LiveJournal account and was able to connect,
add new posts, and then update a previously posted entry.

In the nBlog prefs you'll want to enter in your regular LiveJournal
username and password, the host is just livejournal.com, and the path is:
/interface/xmlrpc

Port of 80, and don't forget to select LiveJournal from the Weblog API
picker in the prefs.

You'll need nblog-1.2.0.sit and XML-RPC-1.2.0.sit from:
http://www.gavinmckenzie.com/newton/nblog/

LiveJournal doesn't seem to have the notion of a Publish feature, so
don't bother with that.

I haven't tested out the Delete feature of nBlog to delete an entry yet.

I expect to be giving the MovableType support more of a workout in the
coming days too.

Feedback welcome and encouraged.

Gavin