Re: [NTLK] Difference between MP2000 and 2001 MB

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 10:18:27 PST

On 08/03/04 13:15, "Andrew Diller" <dillera_at_sudanacid.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Recently, my upgraded 2100 died. Many on the list gave me suggestions, none
> of which worked. I opened it, and under the ROM board, a capacitor (one of
> the larger square orange things) was blown sky high.
>
> So I ordered a new 2000 MB from GEM enterprises.
>
> But I'm assuming all along that the only difference between a 2000 and 2100
> is the little removable ROM board. So all I have to do is swap MBs, and
> re-use my '2100 rom.'
>
> Is this a correct assumption? Or did I just downgrade my 2100 to a 2000 !!

Unfortunately, that is not correct. The ROM board will be the same, but the
memory board won't. Again, unfortunately, the memory board is soldered onto
the motherboard, so you just can't swap it...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA