[NTLK] America's Card/Dongle Loaner Program Update...

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 13:57:09 PST

First, many thanks go to Frank for his continuing help for me to get this up
and running properly!
I have now procured 1 set of cards for each Newton MP type, the
OMP/1x0/e-Mate & 2x000. Each set will consist of a 2 Meg card for the
emergency programs and a 4 Meg card to back-up your data and .pkgs.

I have plans to buy 2 larger cards (I think 20 Meg); to put the most popular
applications or a custom batch of applications as will fit, to loan to
whomever is in need.

Currently, I haven't purchased any dongles and this acquisition will be on
hold until I can justify this cost. The only reason I can see for this at
this point is for the keyboard, which really isn't an emergency. Let me know
if this is really something that is needed and why. If there is anyone
willing to donate either permanently or temporarily their dongles then I
would be happy to store/loan them without liability (of course I could
require shipping insurance to offset the cost).

If there is anything else that I have forgot or that you see as a need for
the loaner program, please don't hesitate to ask.

When I have completed the infrastructure, I'll send a follow-up e-mail as to
how you order the cards through PayPal. Just like Frank's system, I'll only
charge the loanee the amount for shipping and PayPal fee. I'll refund the
deposit amount minus shipping and PayPal transaction fee upon the return of
the working loaner products.

Regards,

Paul Curtis - USA/OR
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!