Re: [NTLK] exNewt (long, very)

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 16:11:52 PST

As far as the iPod is concerned, you can get an add-on battery pack
that lets you use AA batteries (uses 4 and adds something like 15
hours). It's made by Belkin and I think it's an excellent product.

Myself, I don't mind rechargeables as long as there is an escape route
(i.e. there is some way to get a AA in there). Ideally, there would be
the option in the same spot (i.e. you don't need an add-on like the
iPod), however as long as the external pack is not an inconvience, it
works for me.

I have a Toshiba e750 that I recently won from McDonalds. It's a Pocket
PC that has 32 MB of RAM that will not be deleted even if I loose Power
(the stuff on the other 64 will though). The Toshiba also comes with
both a CF and an SD slot. So what I've decided to do was to use use a
64MB CF (data) card and a 64 MB SD card (programs) to keep everything
safe, so I never have to worry about my data being lost. If I start
running out of memory, I can eather upgrade to a bigger CF card
(hmmm... the 4 GB iPod??) or use part of the 32 non-volitile RAM on my
device. It's not a bad system, although I am still looking for an
external AA Power system (the Toshiba is better than most in that it is
a User-replaceable battery).

It definatly doesn't replace the Newton (in my opinion), but it does do
Multimedia stuff well.

-Rick