Re: [NTLK] help??

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 20:09:20 PST

I figured out the holding down of the shift key to select different
items from the dock - Notes itself is in the button bar - so I can open
it directly.

AFter fussing around a bit I've gotten the hang of navigating notes
with the keyboard - so I found the material I need.

Also - by holding the Apple key I found the shortcuts for making new
left right and 'same level' entries in outline stationary ( as opposed
to tapping the three buttons at the bottom of the screen ) - which will
be VERY helpful in the future (once this thing is fixed)

Thank you SO MUCH for this - I am able to use my BROKEN newton for
reading and taking notes now! I wonder if other PDA's sport this level
of keyboard integration and navigation?

On Mar 10, 2004, at 10:02 PM, Woody Smith wrote:

> You will get a different dialog depending where you are. Once extras
> is open you will get a window that is appropriate for extras.
> I should have said that shift right arrow needs to be repeated to count
> off each icon till you get to Extras.
>
> Woody
>

> On Wednesday, March 10, 2004, at 09:48 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>> on 10/03/04 22:45, Woody Smith at woody_at_bitstream.net wrote:
>>
>>> If all you need is to access your notes to read them you can access
>>> many functions with the keyboard.
>>> To access extras press shift and right arrow then press return.
>>> To change folders once extras is open press apple and shift and t.
>>> Use
>>> arrow keys and return to navigate.
>>
>> If you have a keyboard, pressing the "Apple" key for some time will
>> display
>> a dialog with all the commands you can execute from the keyboard.
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
> --
> inquiries
> http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/