[NTLK] W-LAN direct connect Powerbook-Newton

From: Friedhelm Hofmeyer (info_at_hofmeyer.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 00:35:22 PST

Hi,
I'm trying to connect my Newton directly to my Powerbook via W-LAN
without using a base-station. The W-LAN card (Lucent) works, when using
the base-station, and I can listen to radiostreams via MadMAX and
install packages with Escale. Now I want to connect the Newton directly
to my Powerbook which has a buildin Airport card. So I set up a
wireless network with no WEP key and assigned a IP address to my
Powerbook (192.168.10.1, Subnet 255.255.255.0), I also created a new
workplace on the Newton with a corresponding IP address (192.168.10.5),
but the Newton cannot connect to the Mac. What am I doing wrong?

Friedhelm