[NTLK] Received a suspicious e-mail about a Newton survey.

From: kareljansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 10:13:51 PST

I just received the following e-mail:

====================================
We perform a study as for Apple Newton, the reason of its failure as well if
there is interest in re-launching a new, improved Newton. We appreciate if
Newton user give their feedback and share opinion.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

A new and improved Newton would include wireless internet browsing, email,
calendar, ability to download games, hand writing recognition, color screen
in a smoother, sleek design than the original.

As a Newton user, you have been randomly selected to participate in a survey.
Your comments will help us understand if there is interest in re-launching a
new, improved Newton. We appreciate your help. We appreciate if Newton user
give their feedback and share opinion. All you have to do is to fill the
survey of 20 questions. Please reply to sales_at_stonemultimedia.com to obtain
the questionnaire.

Kindly ask you to pass this letter to as many Newton users, as you can.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Michael Shklyar
Marketing Manager
Toronto
Canada

Allthough it sounds interesting enough (don't we /all/ want a new super-duper
Newton?), it smells supiciously of spam bait. Does anyone on the list have
any knowledge of Stone Multimedia and/or Michael Shklyar?

Karel Jansens