Re: [NTLK] Seimens Pocket Reader

From: administrator (tooz_at_oceanatlas.com)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 18:56:50 PST

I tried using gender changers with the cable I got with my Pocket
reader but couldn't get it to work. After a little dinking, I created a
custom cable that works with my MP2100. I would be glad to share the
wiring details with you if you are handy with a soldering iron.
Basically, I took a serial din8-to-din8 cable, chopped off one end,
figured out the correct wiring, and soldered a new DB9 connector on the
end. This new DB9 mates with the cable that plugs into the PR. Works
but I have had a few crashes when transferring stuff from the PR--don't
know if that's significant or not.

oz