[NTLK] No VAT on international sales (was PowerTrans)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 08:30:22 PST

>As far as I can tell, I don't have to worry about VAT (anyone experienced in
>international software sales have insight on this?).

John, from my experience (mailorder music shops) there will be no VAT to
cash in on your side.
The buyer will have to declare customs in her country, though, if applicable.

Maybe there is a way to facilitate this for buyers, as in you cash in the
customs charges and declare this on their behalf, so the buyer is all
blissfully care-free. I've heard people reporting this when buying from
some US companies that they didn't have any hustle with customs, all
handled by the manufacturer, so this should be possible. But then what do I
know - I'm just

DJ Vollkasko.