Re: [NTLK] Sync of Newton and Palm: names -> contacts

From: R.Coiman,Sr. (mcracman_at_chartermi.net)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 07:04:00 PST

On 2004-03-12 22:56:22 -0500 "Raphael A. Coiman, Sr."
<mcracman_at_chartermi.net> wrote:

> I've been a Newton user for 4-5 years (I have a MP2100)
and I love my Newton. ...///

You don't have to apologize. I use both a 2100 and a Palm
IIIc
everyday.

> In my newton I have a huge list of names that is too long
> transcribe
> manually to the Palm. How can I transfer those Names into
the Contact
> appl.
> of Palm? In general, how can a Newton and a Palm
communicate?

...older version of the Palm desktop and then sync your
Palm. Or,
if you want to be fancy, you could probably use IOBEX and
IC/VC to
beam the contacts from the Newton to thye Palm.

Thanks for the input but I have 2 more questions:
What OLD version of Palm sw do I need? What is the OIBEX
and the IC/VC?

Thanks: Raphael