Re: [NTLK] Restore teaser: 'EnRoute had to be disabled...'

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 10:33:32 PST

I found this in the 'Read me' in my NCU folder:
* If you have EnRoute packages (EnRoute Core,
EnRoute Internet, and EnRoute Rule Editor)
installed on your Newton device and you are
trying to restore these packages from a backup
file, you should remove these packages from the
Newton device first before performing the backup;
otherwise your Newton will reset in the middle of
the restore operation. An alternative is to
perform a selective restore that does not include
these select EnRoute components.

So yes, it is a well known restore issue....... Even when NCU was distributed.

(I'm reading it 'cause I've lost NCU sync'ing
again. This time, setting memory down did not
help. Unfortunately, a brain wipe has made no
difference either, so I must be restoring
whatever it is that generates the problem).....

Berthe
Denmark, MP2100

>In the process, it made sense to restore the Newton from an NCU
>backup - internal.
>Suddenly it says:
>'The EnRoute Internet Transport had to be disabled. Reinstall the
>EnRoute Core and then tap on the EnRoute internet icon to enable it.'

snip