[NTLK] Newton First Aid Kit(tm) (was Re: Card/Loaner program)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 03:51:48 PST

>Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 2:12 PM
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Card/Loaner program
>
>Paul, would you list what goes on the emergency card at some point?
>Couldn't find it in the archives or wikiwiki. Should be on wikiwiki....
>:-)....
>Berthe
>Denmark, MP2100

One thing Paul didn't list: André Meyer's DataRescue. It's precious to have
that on a separate card.

I have a spare 2 MB card, these can cheaply be gotten on Ebay or through
this list. It's nothing that's really much use for anything else, when you
can find 4 MB, 8 MB or even 32 MB (or bigger thanks to Paul G.) without
much hustle. But it's excellent for the Newton First Aid Kit(tm).

For MP 2x00 it may be preferable to choose a 4 MB card over the 2 MB, as
the 2 MB might prove a tight fit when backing up the internal store to
card. For MP1x0, 2 MB is totally satisfying.

What did I pack in mine?

CurWatch
DataRescue
IndexFixer
FixTrax
KeepTime
NewtTest
NTHelp
Package Beeper
PrefsCleaner

Q: What else should be on a multi-purpose Newton First Aid Kit(tm)-card?
All suggestions appreciated (pls. indicate if freeware/commercial)!

May we never need our Newton First Aid Kits(tm),

DJV.