Re: [NTLK] oqo

From: mark smith (mark_at_bbprojects.net)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 22:21:00 PST

mimi wrote:

> the device does look good size not a brick can hook into
> keyboard if you have slow thumbs the inventors are fr all
> platform backgrounds-- but i agree, hwr would ice the cake...
>
> hoping for a family get together to find out more since j betts
> is married to a cousin-- and i'd like to know why wince

Apparently they tried to license OS X for it and Apple turned them down.

> and why aren't we seeing more excitement abt the device, are we
> overloaded wi the wonders of technology, and don't pay
> attention any more, or do people have to see it in action
> first-- mimi

Its been promised as being "available soon" for literally years (although the current date of "Q3 2004" is holding up for the time being). It is likely to cost a fortune and be heavily dependent on its docking station and, as you say, it will run a windoze OS and...

0.02

mark.